Monday, June 19, 2017

Blessings from prayers!

Hola mama!!! 
How are you?? It sounds like this past week was a good one for you guys! Im sure it was a little strange having everyone in a different part of the world but im sure you were able to get a lot done and the house stayed clean, right? ;)  Oh you know i will be bringing the family to Merida. You guys will love it here. Its now the rainy season! Its still super hot though. Its usually the hottest in April and May so those months have passed! The weather is interesting because it gets super super hot during the day and then pours like crazy in the evening. I love it though. :) Martha still hasn´t had her baby but this week we are going to have to stop seeing them or a bit. They haven´t been able to keep some of their commitments and they´ve been gone a lot so my companion and I feel that right now we need to stop seeing them for a bit. Its so hard but I think its better this way. 

Halachó is about 3 hours from the ocean. Only when we travel to Campeche we see the ocean. And I think there is a cenote in Becal thats why its called the water way. :)Ahh I love Hermana Gonzalez! Im so glad she was able to meet you guys. She seriously is the best! We´re gonna be friends forever. Ahah yes we will definitely visit her in Baja california. ;)
This week we went to Campeche for a multizone conference. It went super great! We talked about the principle of the book of Mormon and how we can help our investigators receive revelation that the book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God. I love my mission president and his wife because they are always so filled with the spirit and know exactly what to tell us to help us be better missionaries. It was a very inspiring meeting. :)
After we wrote last week, my companion held a family home evening with a family in our branch. It was so awesome and you could feel the spirit so strong! We talked about the power and prayer and how important it is to have family prayers every day. There are countless blessings we can all receive if we pray as a family daily. It was so special because we had each member think of a blessing that they have received and will receive from having their family prayers. You could feel the love that each member had for each other and my companion and I definitely felt apart of their family as well. These people are so special to me!!! :)

There are countless experiencias that happen every day in the mission field and I wish I had time to tell you guys EVERYTHING. Someday! But I just love the mission so much. Its the craziest adventure ever. Every day is so different and its the best to share the gospel with so many people. I love being a missionary! If you are thinking about going on a mission, GO! You wont regret it. Please tell Taylor Gunn congrats on her mission call! And if you see Lauren Brown give her a big hug for me! You´ll have to go to all of my friends homecomings and farewells. :) 
i love you mom!!! Thank you for all that you for me. I´d be so lost without you, thats for sure! I hope you have a great week!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :)

Love, hermana Gates
#kickitkdog







No comments:

Post a Comment