Sunday, June 18, 2017

1 Year in the mish!

MOM!!
How are you?? Its so good to hear from you and hear how you guys are all doing. I love my family! Sounds like you had a great week! I have been blessed with the absolute best. 

I cant believe I completed 1 year in the mission. It seriously blows my mind. The mission experience is priceless. There is no other place where one can study, teach, learn and become more like Christ than by serving a mission. I love Mexico. There are SOOOO many things that I love about this place. I love the people. Such pure people. I love the mototaxis with their florescent lights. I love the heat. I love the food. I love being able to help and serve others here. I love teaching others about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its hard. But so WORTH it. I´ve really learned how I can rely on my Savior more. I´ve come to realize what is most important in my life. I´ve learned so much! I love it! 

I will be skyping on the 14th! Thank you so much for sending off the other package! Im so grateful for you! I love you!  Hahha mom, people here in Mexico dont celebrate 5 de Mayo hahaha. I think its some sort of American tradition or something. But Im glad you guys celebrated by eating Mexican food hahahah. 

This week was a good one! It was busy but good! We contacted and found a lot of new investigators to teach! We had a zone conference in Campeche last week and we talked a lot about the law of obedience. In the book of Mormon it talks about if we obey the commandments of God, we will prosper in the land. We truly will be blessed. Theres a quote, I dont remember who its by but it says, obedience bring blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. Its so true. The lord is holding all of the blessings and miracles in his hands and is only waiting for us to obey his commandments. This pertains to missionaries, families, people.. EVERYONE. God loves us and will bless us with what we need!!

Im so excited to skype you guys this week! Its gonna be awesome! Thank you for all of your love and everything you do for me. I hope you have a great week. Good luck to all of the sports teams! Be safe and talk to you on Sunday. :)
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Dairy QUEEN!!! It was my companions first time at dairy queen. Im showing her all of the good spots in Merida. ;)
2) The people here have caves where they make their sombreros or baskets or fans. Its a lot cooler in the caves and is a great get away from the heat haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment