Sunday, June 18, 2017

Life is Good!

Hey mom!!! 
So good to hear from you! It sounds like this week was a pretty busy one! Its so great to hear that everyone is doing well. I love you guys!  This week was a good one! My companion and I went to Campeche for a zone conference and then we had divisions with our sister training leaders! It was so much fun. Campeche is a dream. :) hermana Juarez and I arrived here in Merida together so it was really fun being able to be her companion for the day. From the time we arrived here we´ve always said that we wanted to be companions. :) We taught a family about the restoration and it went so great! It was funny, before we walked in to start the lesson she told me, "Hermana, we are about to teach 6 children under the age of 12 and they are crazy so we need to make sure we keep them focused on the lesson." It was nothing but a miracle! Especially with teaching the restoration because there are always distractions when teaching about the restoration! All of the children were right beside us listening and learning! They accepted the baptismal invitation and are very excited to keep learning. I hope that all goes well with that cute family and that they will keep progressing in their testimonies. haha and listening to the missionaries!! :)

So with Saul and Marta! We had to postpone their baptism date because of some complications this week. Marta is 7 months pregnant and had tons of pain and so they had to go to the doctor this week! They thought she was going to have her baby but it ended up being a false alarm. We havent been able to see them and teach them so we had to postpone their date. They are so awesome and understanding. and patient ha. Saul is SO excited to one day receive the priesthood so that he can be a rock and bless his family. Please pray for them! We are teaching some little kids right now and we need prayers that their parents will give them permission to be baptized! These children have a deep desire to be baptized but their parents are a little hard to get by sometimes. PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM!! :)

Its been soo rainy this week! Someone actually told us that there was a hurricane that was going to pass by today or tomorrow but right now the sun is shining and the heat is BACK! HAHA! Hallelujah we dont need to worry about a hurricane! Its been absolutely beautiful here in the pueblo. My companion and I have enjoyed getting drenched by the rain because we rarely get it here! ha. :) I love the pueblo! I love he people! I love the mission! Im so grateful for this time in my life to serve my Heavenly Father! It truly is such a wonderful time. :) I love you guys so much! Never forget it! I hope you have an amazine week! Talk to you next week!

Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) The best guatemalan companion ever! 
2) Its been cloudy and rainy all week long. 😁
3 & 4) Hermana Fischer, Hermana Poroj, Hermana Juarez and I! Divisions in Campeche!! 
5) Bunk bed hammocks! Hahha sleeping in hammocks is so convenient. 





No comments:

Post a Comment