Sunday, June 11, 2017

Basketball to Softball

Mom!!

SO great to hear from you! SOunds like this week was super exciting. :) Lots going on, I love it! Im glad everyone is doing well. Yes! I met Felipe and Barbara! It was so fun eating and talking to them at dinner. They are so awesome! Thank you for the package, I loved it! I love you guys! That was so nice of you to send that stuff. :) Thats so crazy that basketball season ended and now its softball season! How exciting! Seriously the time is flying, i cant believe it! When are softball tryouts? :) 

So we had transfers! Crazy! It was seriously so weird saying goodbye to Hermana Gonzalez. Im gonna miss her a lot! My new companion is Hermana Hernandez from Hondorus! She´s great! Im excited to start working with her. :) It´s going to be fun showing her good ol Dolores Otero. This will be my 4th transfer in this area! At the end of this transfer I will have completed 6 months here. :) 

This week was a good one! On Tuesday, my companion and I had intercambios. So we worked with our sister training leaders. I worked with hermana Cervantes and it was awesome. She´s such an awesome missionary. We had some great experiences together. I learned a lot from her. Thats one thing I love about the mission.. you learn SO much from your companions. Each missionary is so different and they have their different ways of doing things and working. It helps me grow and understand more of my purpose! Its great! 

We had some great experiences with our investigators, Johana, Porfirio and Juanita. We are really working hard with them right now. Porfirio and Juanita are old investigators that we had in our first transfer. We had to stop visiting them because they weren´t progressing because of the health of Porfirio.. but my companion and I both felt impressed to see them again and so we went to their house and Porfirios health is SO much better! He´s starting to gain strength in his left leg so he can walk. Its a miracle! Porfirio and Juanita both accepted the baptsimal invitation so we are gonna start teaching them the lessons again. :) Johana is doing great! She´s super receptive to the lessons and is growing in her testimony. Its so awesome, I love her! My companion, Hermana Hernandez and I have big plans for this transfer! we´re gonna find more people who are waiting for the gospel!! Its gonna be awesome! 

I was reading in 3 Nephi 18 18-21.. It says, 18 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. 19 Therfore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; 20 And whatsover ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you. 21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.  
I loved these scriptures! I just love the principle of prayer. Its a time where we can talk to our Heavenly Father about anything in this world! When we pray to him, we are strengthening our relationships with him. We will feel a stronger connection and have more strength to resist tempation. The best thing about praying is that we can do it at any time of the day! We can and should always keep a prayer in our hearts. :) Always pray for strength and for guidance. Our Heavenly Father is always willing to listen to us.

This week was great! Im loving the mission!! Im super excited to start working with my new companion! It´s going to be awesome!! Thank you for your letters and examples and love and support. Im so blessed to have you in my life. :) I hope you have a wonderful week!! Talk to you next week!

Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) our zone tshirts!! They turned out pretty great!!
2) Hermana Cervantes and I. :) 
3) How we celebrated valentines day.. icecream and ding dongs! haha
4) Hermana Yentzi! We ate breakfast with her and her family the other day. Her mom is a recent convert. 
5)The relief society in our ward! If you look to the back on the left its Barbara! The sister that lives in Salt Lake City. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment