Sunday, July 16, 2017

Little Miracles

Hey Mom and Fam!!
How are you all doing?? WOW! It sounds like you guys are just living it up! Im so glad you´re keeping busy, staying safe and having fun. It´s so fun to hear how everyone is doing and what you´ve been up to. I hope all goes well with Kennadi´s treatment today. She will be in my prayers for sure! Thats so exciting that girls camp is this week. Thats so fun that all of you girls will be able to go. ahahah Im proud of ken for agreeing to speaking in front of the whole stake! She´s going to do awesome!! You´ll have to let me know how it goes. If you can, send a video!! 

This week was really good! But I have some bad news.. Last monday I found out that my misión leader in Dolores Otero passed away. He was my misión leader for 6 months so we got to know each other really well. Ah it breaks my heart but I know he is in a better place keeping the missionary work going. He seriously was such a good leader! The members in Dolores Otero  have been keeping in contact with me and it sounds like they´re doing well and are content. Something thats pretty cool though is that Manuel´s (misión leader) dad isn´t a member and now he wants to get baptized! It´s a miracle! He never wanted to listen to me and Hermana Gonzalez hahah but now he´s wanting to take the missionary lessons and get baptized! I know the Lords time for everything is perfect. His plan is perfect. Even though we have these trials in our life we just need to keep pushing forward with faith. Gods got the better plan!

BUT this week was a really good one! We had transfers! But me and Hermana Poroj are staying here in Halachó another transfer! Not gonna lie, I totally thought I was leaving the área but im so happy to have more time here! I love Halachó and everyone in it haha. :) It´s a beautiful Little pueblo with tons of mosquitos haha (Dont worry i bought a whole lot of repellent). This week we had an awesome experience. My companion and I were looking for a reference and ran into someone named Nicholas. We got talking to Nicholas and he said that when he was in cancun, mormon missionaries gave him a Book of Mormon to read. He said that he always reads and feels that its true! Mine and my companions jaws dropped when he said he knew it was true. God really does prepare His children to hear about the góspel! We are so excited to teach him and help him understand the restoration and the other missionary lessons. :) Please pray for him! he´s gold!

This week my companion and I found an old investigating family who the elders had taught over a year ago and with transfers between the elders they stopped meeting with this family. Well.. We showed up at the door and the dad saw us and immediately ran out of his house to greet us. He yelled out, "yeny! ven! los elderes están aquí!" hahah😂 he was so excited He told us that we could visit him and his family today because they want to know more about the church. It was pretty coool!!!!

I know that the Lord really does prepare his children to hear the góspel. It´s amazing to be a witness of it here in Merida. Im so grateful for this time in my life to serve him. I really cant believe how fast the time is going by! Im trying to enjoy every single day! The misión is so fun and exciting. Every day is so different. Im so grateful for all of your love and support. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!! Love you alll!!!
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Hermana Yescas and Hermana Terry! Hermana Terry will be returning home this Wednesday! If you see her strolling around St. George please give her a big hug from me!!!
3) We are the only sisters in our district hahah. Its great!


No comments:

Post a Comment