Sunday, June 11, 2017

General Women's Conference

Hey mom!! 
Its so great to hear from you! Its so crazy to hear how about how much is going on at home. I feel like the time isn´t passing by but it definitely is! Im glad you are all doing super well. Sounds like things are good. :) Im so glad! Thats so exciting about Kennadi! She´s going to do great with the acceleration program. Thats going to help her out a lot with getting back into sports and everything. Good for her! Im so proud of her! and Pres tambien. I laughed so hard at the photo of her sliding back into third base. It looks like she almost broke her back hahaha. Im glad she´s doing good and loving softball. My birthday was good. We ate tons of cake hahaha. It was awesome. Thank you for the birthday package. I appreciated it so much! The dresses fit thank you! Yeah it was awesome seeing Tarah Lee. She was visiting with her friends. But yeah this week was great!!

The womens conference was so great!!! I loved the talks too. :) Seriously so inspiring. I love listening to our church leaders. They really do receive revelation from God. Revelation that we all need to hear to guide us here on earth. This conference was awesome! We invited Shantal (our investigador) to see if she would like to come with us to the conference and she accepted our invitation! She loved it. She thought it was the coolest thing. It was really fun showing her who our church leaders and explaining what they do and everything. She´s GOLD. She´s so awesome! She said she wants to come with us this weekend to the general conference so thats gonna be great! 

You´ll never believe it... but we are searching for ANOTHER house haha... Yes, here in Dolores Otero. Its gonna be interesting! So far we haven´t had the best of luck searching for a house. We´re hoping to have our sister training leaders come to our area tomorrow and we will go on divisions so we can work and search for house more effectively. Its also the last week of transfers! And I believe my days here in Dolores Otero are coming to an end hahah. I´ve been in this area for 6 months. I´ve seriously loved every minute of it! I love the ward members here! I´ve gotten really close with so many of them. :) We´ll see what happens this next week! There´s always a possibility that I will have more time here haha. 

A quote I love by President Packer, "True doctrine, understood changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." This is so true! When we truly understand the doctrine of Christ we will have the tendency to change for the better. Why? Because we KNOW what our Heavenly Father expects of us. We KNOW what he wants us to do here in this earth life. So how can we come to know the doctrine? We need to pray, read the Book of Mormon, attend church, attend the temple. Do all that we can with a desire to learn and understand. I love how we have general conference this weekend. This gives us the opportunity to open up our hearts and listen to the words of our church leaders. This gives us the opportunity to understand what our Heavenly Father expects of us in these times of our lives. We will become the people that He needs us to become! I want to invite you all to write questions that you have or doctrine that you need help understanding for this conference. I know that your questions will be answered and your minds will be enlightened with truth! Ahhhh im so excited for this weekend! I hope you guys enjoy your week and weekend! I love you soo much! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. Have a wonderful week and be safe! :)
Con amor, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Thank you for the birthday package!!
2) Eating cake at our district meeting. 😋
3) More cake hahahaha
4) Hermana Norma! She made me the best birthday lunch. :)
5) papadzules!
6) Leny, My companion, Josue and Yulissa! 
7) Brazo de reyna! (the queens arm!) The catholic religion start eating this every Friday about 5-7 weeks before easter. Its super good. Its a tamale with eggs and chia. 
8 & 9) Found the coolest Volkswagon!











No comments:

Post a Comment