Sunday, January 8, 2017

Merry Christmas 2016!

Family!!!
Holy cow it was so awesome skyping your guys yesterday! You all look so good and so happy. I love my family! Im glad you´re all doing well. :) Im glad Ken is doing a lot better! It´s a Christmas miracle now that she´s starting to move her large motor skills. Little by little she´s going to get better. I just know it! She´s my little sister! Im sure spending Christmas in the hospital wasn´t exactly what you all wanted but you know, im glad we were all able to skype and be together for a little bit. It made my Christmas seeing everyone. :)

This week was awesome! Lots of Christmas activities and Marcela had her baptism! Im so happy for her!! Our ward had a huge christmas party with lots of dancing and singing. (from what we heard) Haha the party was supposed to start at 7 but started at 8:30 so my companion couldn´t stay very long hahaha. But it was awesome seeing some of the less actives and our investigators at the church with the members. :) We also had a party with all of the missionaries and President and Hermana Ruiz. It was super awesome! We had a gift exchange and sang Christmas songs and had a talent show. President and Hermana Ruiz gave little talks about Christmas and it was so great. It was so spiritual and uplifting. I love my mission president and his wife! 
Marcelas baptism! She was so happy! I dont know, something about having her baptism on the 24th and her confirmation on the 25th just makes me so happy. Im never going to forget her baptism! Such a special day. Her sister and sons were able to support her this weekend and that made her so happy. She´s such a strong person and has really changed these past months we´ve been teaching her. She just wants to look forward to a bright future and she´s on track. We couldn´t be more happy for her. :)

Speaking of futures, 2017 is just around the corner. 2016 has seriously been one of my favorite years. Its been a year where I´ve grown the most and have figured out who I am and want to become. Im excited to make goals for this coming year. It´s going to be so great! Family! What are some of your goals this year?? I would love to hear some of them! 

I love you all so much and hope you´re doing good! Keep on reading your scriptures, praying, attending the temple, and attending church. You are all such wonderful examples to me. I couldn´t be more happy right now in the mission! Thanks for all of your love, prayers and support. I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I hope you have a Happy New Year! Be safe and have a wonderful week. :) Love you all!!
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Favorite house decorated with Christmas lights this year! 
2) Christmas morning! Last present to open! Thank you for the packages, family! 
3) Mission Christmas Party! Hermana Johnson, Hermana De Leon, Hermana Terry, Hermana Tarabilda, Hermana Bair, Hermana Peterson and Hermana Christensen. :)
4) At the Christmas party with President Ruiz!
5) Day of the baptism :)
6) Hermana Marcela! 





No comments:

Post a Comment