Sunday, February 12, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mom!!
SO great to hear from you! I hope you had a great birthday!! You deserve it! :) WOW its so awesome to hear how good Ken is doing. Im so proud of my strong little sister!!! She is so brave. The childrens gym sounds like so much fun. I can totally see Kennadi enjoying all of her time there haha. Its so good to hear that you guys are finally going home. It will be good to enjoy more of your winter vacation at home. Im glad the family was able to get together and celebrate your birthday and New Years. You´re totally right mom, 2017 is going to be a wonderful year. There are so many things to look forward to! So for our missionary Christmas party, I didn´t do anything for the talent show hahaha. Ohhh no. My companion was going to sing but President had to cut the time short because we had to get back to our areas. New Years Eve we had to be in our homes at 7 and so we didnt do anything hahah. But it was still fun. Our neighbors are so funny. They were up ALL night long. Serioulsy I had to put my fan on full blast to help block out the music and fireworks. haha! I love Mexico!

This week was a good one! I cant believe how fast it went by! This new year is going to be the best year, I just know it. This year we´re going to see many miracles. :) I have so many desires for 2017. One of my goals is to be the missionary that my Heavenly Father needs me to be. Im so glad I have the rest of these 10 months to really dedicate myself to this work. I want to be more like my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love studying the attributes that Christ has and I really want to aquire them. He is my greatest example. Im here in Merida to represent Him and serve Him. Mom, I´ve learned so much here in the mission and Im so grateful everyday to have the opportunity to learn and grow. Serving a mission has by far been the best decision I´ve made. Clearly there are hard times, but the good times definitely out weigh the hard times. I love the mission!

I was reading in the Liahona the other day and came across a quote I want to share with you all. "On one occasion the Lord Jesus Christ was praying in a certain place and when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto Him, Lord, teach us to pray´. Then he taught His disciples to pray. And today He teaches you and me to pray as we see Him in our minds praying in Gethsemane and saying, ´Nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done´.

When you pray, do you really, truly want that ´Not my will, but thine, be done?  Paul describes how Jesus prayed ín the day of his flesh´, espeically in Gethsemane when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and stears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that feared´ (hebrews 5:7) When you pray, are you really praying or just saying prayers? Are you superficial with your prayers?" -Elder Juan A Uceda.... I want to invite you all to be more sincere with your prayers. Dont just pray to pray, but truly have the desire to talk to your Heavenly Father. He wants to hear what is happening in our lives everyday. When we sincerely pray our relationships with our Father in Heaven will be strengthened and we will be looking forward to a brighter and better futures. This gospel is amazing! Im so grateful for the words of the prophet, apostles and seventies!

Im so happy and I hope you are all happy and doing well. Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support. Thanks for your examples!!! LOVE you all and talk to you next week!! :)

 Love,

  Hermana Gates


#kickitkdog

1 & 2) One of our investigators has a pet parrot named Lucas! haha! 
3) The Nativity in Centro!



No comments:

Post a Comment