Sunday, January 8, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hola!!!!
Hey hey hey! I feel like I was just on these computers! How is everyone doing?? Sounds like this week was a good one for of you! Lots of traveling! I´m glad you´re all keeping busy and doing good. :) Music to my ears! 

This week was great! It went by super fast! So this is kind of a downer, but we had to move Yulisas baptism one more week. ahhh. Its the night of excellence this week for the young women and so her baptism would´ve interfered with that so we had to move it the 3rd of December. Ahhhh it´s all good! She´s excited, she just has a lot of activities and finals going on. But next week! Ha! Our other investigators are doing good as well. We are lucky to be able to teach such wonderful people right now! It´s so exciting being a missionary!
Woo hoo this week is Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Im so grateful for you guys! We dont celebrate turkey day here so I wanted to do something with you guys! For the next email I would love if you´d tell me 5-10 things you´re grateful for and why! It´s going to be fun! Heavenly Father has given us SO much and we have SO much to be grateful for! (Mosiah 2) I´ll start it off: 1) My family!! Wowowow I love you guys! Your support these past months has been amazing. Im so grateful for all of your examples. I love how close we all are. You guys are seriously the best. :) 2) My friends. My friends on missions and at home! Im so grateful to have grown up with people who have such good standards! 3) Book of Mormon! My favorite book! ha! Seriously everytime I read the Book of Mormon, I learn something new. It´s amazing. (How is your daily scripture study going?) Its the greatest when you´re able to find an answer to a question you had. 4) The members in the Dolores Otero ward. Such amazing people. They are all so humble and are willing to help us out with anything we need. They have such strong testimonies and are so uplifting. I love the people here in Merida! 5) The gospel!! Seriously the Gospel of Jesus christ is such a blessing. It brings me so much happiness and joy and Its a privilege to share the gospel right now! 6) My companion! She´s great! We get along great! She´s like my sister haha. 7) President Ruiz and Hermana Ruiz. They are such wonderful people! Always checking up on us and the other missionaries. :) 8) The progress Kennadi has had since she´s been diagnosed. She is such a strong little girl and I truly look up to her! She is definitely a little fighter and is kicking out the cancer! 9) Good ol St. George. Im just so grateful for the mountains and everything. There aren´t any mountains here hahaha. 10) MERIDA!! Ahh I love Merida! Its so beautiful! I love the people, I love the pueblos, I love the cities, I love the heat, I love everything about it. Im soo grateful to be here! 

Im doing great! We have transfers this week so it will be interesting to see what happens with Hermana Gonzalez and I! We´re hoping that we´ll both be staying in Dolores Otero another transfer. We feel like we just got to the area! There´s a lot of work to do and a lot of people to meet. :) BUT we will see!

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week this week. Dont forget to read the Book of Mormon, pray, attend church and go to the temple!. Individually and as a family. It´s SO important. It´s the small things that make the difference! Im so grateful fo you all! Please be safe this week! Talk to you next week. :) Love you!!


Con amor, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) P-day in centro! 
2) Shoes from Vegas. ;)
3) Primary children from our ward



No comments:

Post a Comment