Sunday, January 8, 2017

Dad's 49th Birthday!

MOM!!!!!
I love hearing from you! How are you doing? How is life going? Our 4 baptisms went great! They were baptized on Saturday(dads birthday woo hoo) and confirmed on Sunday. Mom, it was amazing to see the change in these 4 teenagers. When we first started teaching them we wondered if baptism was something they even wanted or how we were ever going to be able to teach them and help them, but with many prayers and fasts it happened. They are clean and have so much to look forward to in the future. My companion and I are so happy for them. I know, Im done being trained! So weird! Transfers are today but I have the same companion and same area for another transfer so Im sooo grateful and happy. Seriously. Prayers answered! We have a lot of work to do in Caucel! Im excited! Lots of families to visit and help. :)

Thats awesome Ken got to go to school all week this week! Thats awesome she got picked for student council! She´s a great candidate for that! Sure, she´ll probably be gone a lot but she´s a hard worker. She´ll get things done. :) That post that mrs. T posted was so nice! I bet it made Kens day. Mrs T is the best!! I dont dare download any videos on these computers. Is it online somewhere that I can watch it? Thats so fun you had a little league party! Sounds like everyone had a blast! You always know how to throw the best parties, mom. :)

Thats awesome Ken go to take out the football at the football game! Shes a lucky girl! Thats fun you spent dads birthday in Pine Valley! WOAH big 49! CRAZY. hahahaha. I bet it was fun having the whole family together! I hope Kens counts are good this week. 

This week we contacted in a different area so that was fun! We contaced in an area where there are americans! Sadly the only american we found didn´t want anything to do with us hahah. It was funny though because I was so nervous to speak in english that I totally mixed up my words and didnt make a whole lot of sense but it was pretty funny! We also painted a house this week which was really fun. Lots of things im experiencing here in Merida! Its so fun! I love being a missionary! Im so grateful to be here. I know that this church is true with my whole CORAZON!  im so grateful to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know that Jesus Christ lives! I know that through Joseph Smith, the church was restored back onto the earth. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon. It is evidence that the church is true. All of lifes answers are in the book, we just need to take the time to read and ponder it. Im grateful for the book of momon because it gives me the opportunity to learn more about my savior and his ministry. READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. Its amazing!!

I hope you have a great week! Know that I pray for you and the family every day. :) Talk to you next week!!
Love, Hermana Gates
#kickitkdog


1) Hna lupita and Israel!
3) Alejandra and Mariana. 2/4 who were baptized this weekend.
4) Sandra! During entravistas!

5) Cleaning and painting!
6) I cant remember what this fish was called but this member was SI excited to cook it hahahaha.
7) Painting!
8) My companion, Rosa and her grandchildren (who got baptized) :)












No comments:

Post a Comment