Thursday, September 1, 2016

Temple

Hey mom!!!

How are you doing?? Another great week here in Caucel! Things are going great! My companion and I have 4 baptisms this week so hopefully they go well. :) This is the last week of this transfer and then Im done with my training! WHAT. Holy cow these 12 weeks of training went by soooo fast. Im hoping I dont change companions because we have had a lot of success in this area.... but we´ll see! I´ll go wherever the Lord needs me to go!

Sounds like this week was a busy one for you guys! First off, that article was awesome! (Were you and dad one the front page hahaha?!) But seriously thats really nice of whoever wrote it. Our family has been blessed by such wonderful neighbors and family and friends. Here in Merida its a tid bit different. The people here dont know who their neighbors are and it just makes me feel so blessed to know practically all of our neighbors. SO BLESSED. 

It´s true about Kens hair. I remember talking to you in the hospital and we thought she would lose all of it within the first three weeks.... but it´s been a long time.. It´s truly a miracle she still has so much. Is liz still one of her nurses? Is she in the same room and everything? Thats fun you spent grandma Gates´ birthday in Pine Valley. I love that place! I bet Preslees video was cute! Oh yeah! Your talk was soo good! I read it over and over and over again. It encourages me! That is so nice that the guy visiting Jenni did that for you and our family! It makes me want to be that type of person. 

So my companion and I had the opportunity to go to the temple this week!! We´re really lucky because the bishop in the ward we´re serving in is friends with our mission president and he gave us permission to go to the temple everytime with our ward. :) The Mérida temple is beautiful! Such a great experience! 

I have another quote that I love. Hahah.. be prepared for a load of quotes every Monday. This quote was in the General Priesthood Session, April 2016. "Your ability to lead does not come from and outgoing personality, motivational skills or even a talent for public speaking. It comes from your commitment to follow Jesus Christ. It comes from your desire to be, in Abrahams words, ´A greater follower of righteousness.´ If you can do that- even if you aren´t perfect at it, but you´re trying- then you are a leader." In my life I´ve had many many many great leaders! I´ve been blessed to have had the opportunity to learn from them. I think the greatest leaders i´ve associated with are those that follow Jesus Christ and keep all of the commandments and serve other people. It´s the best way to lead! I encourage you all to be good leaders! 

Thanks for all that you do for me mom. I have been soooo blessed with the best mom and dad and family. I hope you guys are doing well and are enjoying life. Always remember to read your scriptures, go to the temple, church and pray everyday. Always put family first! (which i know you do) I hope you have a wonderful week! LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Love, Hermana Gates
#kickitkdog






No comments:

Post a Comment