Sunday, July 16, 2017

Happy Fourth of July!!

Hey mom and family!!!

How are you all doing?? You sound so great and sounds like this week was a good one!!! Im so glad kens treatment went well this week. I´ve been praying for her a lot! Im so grateful that she wasn´t paralyzed by the same medication again. That is a blessing! She is working so hard and I´m so proud to call her my sister! I love the pictures you send with her playing softball. She has been progressing so much. Before we all know it she will be at 100% in no time! 

So fun you guys had girls camp this week!! I love girls camp! It was always such a blast! Pres told me she was super excited to do the 4th year hike with Tabby. I hope she´s doing well! What is she up to? Please tell her I say hi. :) Thats so sweet ken was able to give a little talk at girls camp. Im proud of her for agreeing to talk to the whole stake! It sounds like camp was a very spiritual experience for all of you. :)  Tell Laikenn congrats or getting baptized! Im so proud of that little girl! And how fun the twins got blessed. Im so excited to meet them! 

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY. I hope you all eat some good hamburgers and hot dogs and enjoy the fireworks this year. What a wonderful time to celebrate our country! 

This week was a good one! We had tons of great experiences with the members in our ward. :) We invited one of the older ladies in our ward to some appointments we had and it was AWESOME. She was so great! Her name is Hermana Irma and has the one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. She grew up catholic and was known here in the pueblo as the "resadora". EVERYONE knows her. As we would walk down the street she greeted almost every person that passed by which was a perfect opportunity to share the gospel. Her conversion story is so powerful. It was amazing to see her share her testimony and stand up for her beliefs in front of her peers. It made me think about all the people I know who aren´t members of the church. She taught me the importance of ALWAYS sharing the gospel and standing up for what I believe in, even if it might be a little awkward with those we know. It was SOOO great!!!!

We saw tons of miracles with some converts who had gone astray. Carlos and Lorena got baptized in December and during this time had stopped coming to church and reading their scriptures. We´ve been really trying to work with them and last night we talked about how their family can be eternal and how they can prepare for the temple to be sealed. The attitude of the night had changed and the spirit touched their hearts. They were once again enligtened by the gospel and set goals so that they can be sealed together in December. It was so great for me and my comp to see their attitudes change about everything! Its an amazing experience to be an instrument in the hands of God. This is His work and glory and he is working mighty miracles here in this pueblo. 

Oh yes! Martha had her baby!! we´re gonna go see her this week to check on her and see if they need anything. :) 

Things are going good! Im super happy to be serving my Heavenly Father! I hope you all are happy and healthy. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :) LOVE YOU!!!!! have a great week!!

Love, 
Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Chillin with lucky ;)
2) Relief Society Activity! We also celebrated some birthdays. :)
3) This is Abril!! She reminds me SOO much of Kdog!! 
4 & 5) She made a little paper ¨Hermana Gates¨ hahahhaha





No comments:

Post a Comment