Sunday, July 16, 2017

Stuck in a rainstorm!

HEY!!!!
SORRY IM ALIVE.. hahah how is everyone doing?? This week was the best-craziest! The reason why I didn´t write yesterday is because we had special transfers! There´s a sister who is returning home a couple weeks early and so I got transfered back to the city! Im in an area called Industrial and my new companion is Hermana Cordova! She is from Peru. :) Our zone leaders called us at 2 yesterday and told me I had to hurry and pack and head to the offices... It was a crazy adventure! BUT yeah, we didn´t have time to write yesterday so they´re giving us this time to do so now. :) 
This passed week was a good one. I LOVE Halachó and Im gonna miss it a lot but Im super excited to be in the city again. In Halachó we set a date for Nicholas (The one who received the Book of Mormon about 5 years ago from the Elders in Cancun and knows that its true) to be baptized in two weeks and so we have been preparing him for that. And you remember Wilium my convert? His brother wants to get baptized! He also had problems drinking but hasn´t drunk in a 1 month! HE IS A CHOSEN ONE TOO. So hermana Poroj and her new companion will be finishing the mission lessons with those investigators. :) We had also been working a lot with the less actives in our ward. We visited an hermana who hasn´t been to church in 12 years! We started talking to her about faith and the repentance process and she has so many desires to return back to the church and renew her covenants. The spirit totally guided the lesson and really touched her heart. It was SOOO amazing!!! She committed to coming to church with us. :)
This new area is really great. We have some great investigators who have a date to get married and be baptized in two weeks so we´re really excited about that. :) I don´t really know a whole lot about this area or know the members so I´ll inform you on that next week hahaha. IM HAPPY!
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful week! And sounds like there´s lots of new changes going on. But yeah, like you said change can be good. :) Im so glad you are all enjoying your summer vacations! WOW.. it´s hard to keep up with you guys hahah. You guys all sound so good and Im so so so so grateful to my Heavenly Father that he has been watching over and protecting each one of you. It seriously is music to my ears to hear how everyone is doing. I LOVE YOU GUYS. Im so happy you had a wonderful 4th of July! This year, my companion and I and our sister training leaders got caught in a rain/thunderstorm in halachó hahah.. but it was all good. We took shelter in a floor business for about 3 hours!😂 We were able to teach some of the workers about the Book of Mormon and the restoration. It was actually a way cool experience. I LOVE THE MISSION. Every change, every experience, every person, every companion. Its been so amazing serving here in merida. I love you guys so much! Seriously, I cant thank you enough for all of the support, love and prayers. I hope you have a wonderful week full of blessings!! LOVE YOU!!!

Love, Hermana Gates
#kickitkdog

1) Caught in the thunderstorm!!! 
2) A nice home welcoming to my new home in Industrial! I watched my comp be born in the field and ever since we met we always said that one day we´d be companions! That day has come haha!!




No comments:

Post a Comment