Monday, July 31, 2017

Things are going super good!

Hey mom!!!
How are you?? Sounds like you´re all doing super great! That stinks that the girls lost in the championship but Im glad they made it that far! Thats so awesome! Next year! Im so happy Ken had a good birthday. Sounds like you guys did a lot that day. I cant believe she´s 12 years old and will be in Young Womens! She´s growing up! She´ll be able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. :)

This week was a good one! It was super crazy, but good. This new area is really confusing hahah. We have a really big area and the streets are super confusing but I know I´ll get them down soon ha! My companion has a lot of patience with me! It´s been a weird adjustment coming into the city but its been really good. Im really happy to be back and a little bit closer to downtown. My companion and I have been getting a long great! She´s a super hardworker and we´ve made plans to travel to Machu piccu  after our missions haha! I love being able to learn something new from all of my companions. Heavenly Father has definitely blessed me with some great companions throughout my mission, Im so grateful! 

Its been really fun getting to know the members in our ward. They are all so welcoming and have been so kind to me. I love meeting the members here in Merida! They are ALL so wonderful! Our ward is so willing to help us in the Lords work. Our bishop has been so willing to go on visits with us this week and we´ve been able to find a lot more people to teach. There is so much work here in Industrial and Im so happy to be here!

This week we will have a wedding and 2 baptisms! Our investigators, Manuel and Patty are so incredible! The Lord really did prepare them to enter into the waters of baptism. I guess manuels grandaughter is serving a mission in Argentina and she sent a request for the missionaries to visit her grandpa. They´ve been preparing for their baptism for 3 months and this week they will be getting baptized. They are so excited! Im so happy for them!! It will be a great week filled with so many activities. :) 

OH YEAH!! Hermano Manuel (my old mission leader) dad got baptized Saturday!!! Im sooo happy for him and their family. :)

Things are going super good! I cant believe how fast the time is going right now. I love the mission! It´s an incredible adventure. I hope you guys are doing well and happy. Please be safe and have a good trip at Lake Powell!! Eat some dangling rope ice cream for me. ;) I love you guys!! Have a great week!!
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog


No comments:

Post a Comment