Monday, July 31, 2017

SOOO many miracles!

Hey Mom!!!

Wow this week was incredible! My companion and I saw SOOO many miracles! Our investigators, Manuel and Paty got MARRIED and BAPTIZED!!! We are so so happy for them. :) I love missionary work! Seeing two of Gods elect children get baptized this week was an unforgetable experience. They were so well prepared and so ready to make this baptism covenant. Honestly, they look like they´ve been members all of their lives. So to begin with the miracle story:
Last Tuesday we received a phone call that they wouldn´t be able to get married on Friday because there wasn´t a date available... laws of Mexico.. and so we were all trying to search for other places where they could register to get married and after  A LOT searching, tears and prayers we finally found a place! Some other challenges also occured this week but we wont get into that but they were able to overcome all of the opposition that satan had put in this week and they were able to get married civily on Friday and baptized on Saturday!!. Now, they are looking forward to going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead in a few weeks and getting sealed in a year! (which im definitely going to return back for that. :) hahah) AHH im so happy for them!! 

We had interviews with President this week and he wanted me to tell you and dad that I have Mexican parents that love me hahahah. I love my mission president! He told me that he wants to meet you guys. His daughter lives in Bountiful, Utah and so when they finish their mission they are planning on traveling down I-15 to St. George to meet you guys!
We found a new investigator this week who is totally ready to receive the gospel! We were having a lesson with one of our investigators about lesson 3 when Gonzalo walked in the house and started listening to us. He asked us how he is able to really endure to the end and do the will of Father and we were able to explain to him what he is able to do. His heart is so open and is so willing to do anything to be on the right path. We are so excited to continue teaching him and helping him!! We seriously are seeing so many tender mercies in this area, I love it! Our Heavenly Father has been so good to us. I know that all of the miracles that we saw this week came from Him. This is His work and glory and Im so grateful and happy to just be an instrument in His hands. 

Im so happy you guys had a good trip to the lake and that everyone was safe. I love the fun tradition that Grandma Gates has started. Im so grateful for her and for her wonderful example! Please tell her hi for me. Good luck with Kens treatments this week! Everything will be just fine. She is so tough and im so proud of all the progress she´s made in these 15 months. Thats so fun you guys will be traveling to see Riley in Boston this week! Give him a big hug for me! Holy cow you guys are always on the road. I guess its good to keep busy, right? ha! Please take lots of pictures! I LOVE pictures! Im so glad that you are all doing well, and are super happy. Keep enjoying your summer vacations and be safe! I love you guys so much and hope you have an incredible week. :) Fly safe to Boston!!

Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) our new bikes ;) nah jk! I love the trici´s here!!! 
2 & 3) I saw hermana Rawle at the offices for our interviews with Presidente! She´s back! 
2) Getting paty ready for her wedding!
3 & 4) Its official!
5 & 6)They are going straight to the celestial kingdom! they took us out to eat shrimp ha! 
7, 8, 9, & 10) Their baptism!
















No comments:

Post a Comment