Friday, July 29, 2016

Kennadi's 11th Birthday!

Hola hola hola mama!!!

Como esta?? This week sure went by fast!! Im so glad Ken was able to play softball last week. Seriously Im grinning ear to ear right now. My sister rocks!! (and the rest of my family :)) I am seriously so grateful for Primary Childrens Hospital. They are taking such good care of Kennadi and you guys and it means the world to me knowing that they are treating you all like family. Please tell the doctors and nurses thank you for me! It brings me a lot of comfort knowing they are doing everything they can for Kennadi. Im so glad she had a fun birthday! It sounds way fun to me :) Cant believe she´s 11 years old. Is that movie the one about the dogs who can talk and stuff? The one we all wanted to see? hahaha. buy it. por favor. I´ve been wondering about the fire in Pine Valley! I was going to ask you and dad about it. Im glad its settling down though. Pine Valley is sooo beautiful. Is Miss sheila not teaching dance anymore?? Tell her I say hi next time you see her. I hope everything is going good for her! That sacrament meeting sounds remarkable in Pine Valley. It´s so true. We all have fires in our lives. One thing that I´ve come to know is that its how we face these fires. It´s all about our attitudes. We need to have faith and stay close to Heavenly Father and he will put out the fires. Fires are a way of cleansing. We are strengthened and can become cleaner. Thank you for updating me on PV! Is Ken able to take the sacrament? Do people come to our house to give it to her? If they dont, ask them to. The sacrament is the most important thing that we do at church. :) Everytime I partake of the sacrament I am filled with sooo much love and joy for my savior. He is my best friend! (and so are you!)

Question: am I not in the family photo of you guys with your shirts? hahahahah. I want to be... hahaha. That is so cool you guys are getting interviewed. I love my family! You guys are seriously the greatest humans on this planet. So loving and caring and have SO much faith!!!

Lake Powell!! So fun! Pres should go. That will be fun for her!! Sometimes I feel like im at Lake Powell because of the heat. I am as close as I can get to the sun right now. Everytime we go to meetings the Elders always say that everytime they see me I get darker and darker hahah. Is dad and Kenn going to San Bernadino as well? Or just you haha? That is so crazy that they play on the same field as the boys! That will be interesting for you guys I feel like! You are so used to baseball being at that ball park. I love San Bernadino trips. Brings back good memories. Crazy.. last year Jake Akins returned home from his mission and we saw him there for the first time! This last year went by so fast!

I GOT BOTH OF THE PACKAGES!!! GRACIAS GRACIAS GRACIAS!! I was soo excited! My companion and I were at our district meeting and one of the Elders said I had received a package. Boy was I stoked. When I got the package you could tell people opened it up but I feel like everything that you sent was in there. I took a picture to show you what made it! But seriously thank you sooo much. The blessings from Elder Holland and your letters meant the world to me and made me feel good! And the #kickitkdog shirts are so comfy. And cliff bars. Mom you know me so well. I love cliff bars. There aren´t any here and so when I saw those I was so happy hahahah. 

Okay so this week was great! It was filled with contacting all of the members and menos activos in our barrio. My companion and I worked really hard! hahha our bodies are so sore from walking everywhere, but its so great! Im so grateful for a body to take me to all the places I need to go! Our area is pretty big and we had a 7 page list so we were super busy every hour of the day and Im so happy about that. Days are so much better when we have a purpose when we work. 

So funny story. After a great lesson, our investigator offered us some water. She gave my comp and I a pitcher filled with water and cups and walked back into the kitchen. So this investigator has a dog and my companion was petting it. I poured some water in the cup but spilled a little bit on the floor. I needed a rag so I asked my companion (while doing hand signals as well) Como se dice esta? She thought I was asking how do you say petting the dog? So she told me. So I went to our investigator and asked Tiene un "pet the dog" (en español) and they both started to crack up. I was so confused until my companion finally told me what I had said. It was her fault ;) hahaha nahh but it was super funny. They she told me how to say "do you have a rag". Anyways. It was super hilarious. One of those "had to be there moments". 

Cool story: (sorry this email is so long) My companion and I were contacting on the streets and there was a lady that I knew we needed to talk to. So we stopped her and offered her one of the pamphlets we give out and she told us that right before, she was on the bus and prayed to our Heavenly Father asking what is the truth! What is her purpose! WHAT! Goose bumps ALL OVER. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the truth!!!! Heavenly Father is so good. He places certain people in our lives for a reason. Its kind of sad though because we asked if we could come visit her and teach her more but she didnt want to give us her address. So hopefully she reads the pamphlet and feels something! And I hope we see her again in Caucel. 

Things are going good here in Caucel! Im doing great! Im so grateful to be here right now. You all know that, but seriously. So happy to be here. God is good. Im so grateful to be doing His work here on earth. It´s hard but very rewarding. Something that I always think of 24 hours a day is if what Im doing right now is something Jesus Christ would be doing. Am I using my time wisely? Im a representative of Jesus Christ so I need to do my best to make sure Im doing everything I can do to represent Him correctly. It helps me be more obedient and feel closer to Heavenly Father. I challenge you and whoever reads this to always ask yourself if you´re using your time wisely. For example, visiting grandparents, spending time with family, serving people who are in need. We have been blessed with so much and we should help others and serve others every single day. Thats what Christ would do. I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH. I hope you and the rest of the fam has a fantastic week. You guys are the best. Talk to you next week!!! 

Love, Hermana Gates
#kickitkdog


1) YAY! SUPER STOKED I GOT MY PACKAGE! GRACIAS!!
2 & 3) Whenever we visit this one family in our ward they ALWAYS make us limonada. Its sooo good. haha. 
4) Representing the toughest girl I know!!!


=






No comments:

Post a Comment