Sunday, February 12, 2017

Gpa Jolley's Bday!

Hey mom!!!

             Sounds like things are just busy and good at home! Thats so good to hear. :) Thats awesome you guys got to celebrate Grandpa Jolley´s and Grandpa Gates´ birthday last week. I hope grandpa Jolley had a good birthday. The picture of him and Ken is so cute. :) Thats so great ken doesn´t need to use her wheelchair or crutches! She´s progressing little by little and thats all we are asking for, right?? She is so brave to be going to school. Im glad she´s getting her balance back and that she´s all caught up on her school work. Im not surprised because she has you, mom. ;) haha! Im proud of Pres for working so hard in basketball. Sounds like she´s doing well too. How is the girls and boys varsity doing? Thats so funny preslee had to speak in sacrament yesterday because I did too! I spoke on the sacrament and I think it went well! Ha! Im pretty sure the members understood me. ;)

              Hermana Gonzalez and I are teaching a 12 year old girl named Annie.. I cant remember if I talked about her last week or not.. But her aunt and cousins are members in our ward. Annie has been coming to church all on her own for the past few weeks and so we started teaching her this week. :) Her baptism is on February 11th! She is the cutest little girl hahah. I love teaching little kids, its so much fun! Our other investigator Johana is doing well too! She couldn´t come to church with us yesterday but said that she will definitely be coming next week. We had a little miracle with her this week. She had been searching for a job and finally found one. She called us saying that her work days are monday to Friday! So she´s able to come to church with us on Sundays!! Its a miracle and we are all so excited about it! 

             Today I was reading in Alma 13:25-29. I love these verses! I love them because they testify that the Son of God will come. Although we may not know when, we know he is coming because the prophets have spoken of it. Reading these scriptures in the Book of Mormon has only motivated me even more to try  to obey the commandments of the Lord. We cant procrastinate these things because we dont know when he´s going to come again. In verse 28 it tells us what we can do to be ready for the coming of theLord. We can be humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long suffereing. Also having faith and the love of God always in our hearts. We will then enter into rest. Many times we think we aren´t good enough or that we might not make it.. but we can!! Remember the talk by Elder J Devn Cornish? "Am I good enough? Will I make it?" He says, "Please believe and please take hope and comfort from this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us to make it! That is His work and His Glory." I would like to invite you all to reflect up on your lives and think of the things you´re doing right now that probably aren´t in harmony with the teachings of the Lord. You are capable of changing those actions and becoming better throught the power of the atonement. Dont get discouraged! Keep trying. :) the promised blessing to live with our families for eternity depends on our actions here on earth. :) I LOVE you guys! My family is the most important thing to me. Im so grateful to have you guys in my life. I hope you have a fantastic week. Keep trying to be better everyday. Keep reading your scriptures, attending church, attending the temple, praying and listening to the prophet and the apostles. I love you guys! Talk to you next week. :)
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) The roomies haha!
2) Hahah we walked out matching today. She´s like my sister! 


No comments:

Post a Comment