Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Fathers Day!

HEY!!!

So good to hear from you!! Mom you always miss my calls hahahah. It´s okay, I understand. Remember when you forgot to email me? It´s probably a good thing that you didnt answer the phone. I´d probably start crying which neither of us want! ha!

Yes! My bag made it safely here. It got to the mission home at like 6 Monday night. Everything was in it so I was super happy about that. Merida is so great! Im in an are called Caucel. It so HOT. Seriously. I go to bed sweating, wake up sweating and go throughout the day sweating. It´s great hahah. That´s why we have hammocks because we´d probably die of heat. (Dont worry, I shower every morning and night haha) So the hammocks... they are so difficult to sleep in! They´re fun to hang and lounge around in, but when the hammock is the only "furniture" you have, it can be kind of hard. But im so grateful! Im grateful for the opportunity to experience sleeping in a hammock for 18 months. There is a certain way you´re supposed to sleep in it. Every night before I go to bed I swing on it hahaha. It´s fun. My compañera probably thinks im crazy. My compañera is AWESOME. Heavenly Father answers prayers! She is SO patient!! She knows a little bit of english so its a little easier figuring out how to say things. Everyone knows her in Caucel so Im trying to be like her hahah. We are a lot a like! Except she is a lot more experienced and speaks perfect spanish. ;)

Elder Tingy called me today. He told me about the credit card stuff and he´s going to bring a paper for me to sign tomorrow at the conference! So yeah. Multizone conference tomorrow. Guess who will be speaking in it? YOUR daughter hahahahah. Yeah. There are a couple more missionaries speaking but I am by far the greenest of the green. So I´ll let you know how that goes! My comp said she´ll help me with my spanish. Bless her heart. 

Hayden left a couple days ago! So have Riley ask him for the pictures! That is so fun you went to Tahiti Village. Im glad you guys are doing fun things!! PF chang? Ah. Im going to find the PF changs here in Merida to rub that in your faces. JK. No time for that hahah. Thats crazy Kaz and easton get home and sadie leaves!! AHHH so weird!!! So exciting!! 

So the other day my companion and I went to a members house to help her clen her house! She has two little girls who are so cute! Anyways, they started singing the "Jonny jonny, yes papa.. eating sugar, no papa" song!!! I IMMEDIETALY THOUGHT OF KEN AND AVERY. hahaha. That song....

Mosquitos are the worst here. I´ve been attacked multiple times. Im using the permetherin stuff and it´s helping but when it wears off, its terrible. I also have tons of blisters on my feet from walking. So if you have a remedy for getting rid of blisters, im all ears! 

So the people here kiss all that time! Every time we greet someone or leave we kiss eachother (On the cheek of course) At first I was weirded out by it, but now its so normal.. its weird hahaha. I dont know. There  are some investigators and members here who want to learn english! So Ive been teaching them! It´s great!! Yesterday in one of our lessons I sang a hymn in english. By myself. Its so funny because no one knows what im saying. It´s great.

Things are great here in Merida! My companñera and I are going to work really hard to meet all of our goals! We have a few new investigators with a baptism date so thats exciting. I love it here. I miss you guys so much but I´m so grateful for this opportunity to serve!! I hope you have an awesome week!!! Love you!!
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog
1) a street in caucel!
2) my costa rican compañera and me
3) My hammock is the green/purple one!!








No comments:

Post a Comment