Saturday, June 11, 2016

Almost week 5!!

MAMA!! y MI FAMILIA!

Hahaha don´t even worry! I had time to read the email right before I left the lab so we´re good!! My missionary scripture is Alma 37:40! So our "investigador" is actually our teacher but the cool part is, is that when we´re in a lesson it TOTALLY feels like she´s a real investigador. I forget she´s my teacher for the 20-25 minutes we´re with her. It´s amazing! I seriously love it here soooo much :) I love my companions, I love my leaders, I just LOVE the CCM. I cant believe I only have one more P-day here and then I´m off to Mérida. It blows my mind. Oh I´m jealous you will be going to Pine Valley a lot this summer. Please drink as much Pine Valley water for me as you can haha! That is so awesome to get the family pictures done now! You will need to send me the pictures once you get them!!! Mom... if you take Jazzy, you´re gonna have to take Gunner ;) When does Riley head out to Minnesota? Tell that kid to email me haha. I´m so happy that Pres decided to play soccer this year!! I know she wont regret it. She´s such a great athlete. I will check out the blessing..(Also will you make sure when you send out these emails that you take out like personal stuff? And also tell pres to use the ones that you send out to put them on the blog... You know haha.. appropriate stuff ha) 

So question!! Are we related to a Suzie Ann Gates?? Will you go look on family history to check for me? On Sunday we watched this movie about the first sister missionaries and they were talking about a Suzie Ann Gates and they were saying how she was one of the best public speakers (for sisters) back in those days in Salt Lake City. Sooo will you do that for me please? During our Relief Society meeting on Sunday we talked about the family and how we NEED to defend the family. It just made me think of you guys! Definitley in a good way haha. But you guys are just so important to me that I would do anything for any of you. And it makes me want to defend families here in Mexico. Families are essential and part of Gods plan. He created families so that we can learn and grow and help each other. WOW I LOVE YOU GUYS. We also went to the visitors center today because the temple is closed and we watched a video on families. Once again I thought of you guys. They were all hiking and doing things that we do and it just made me realize how LUCKY I am to have you all!! Mom, I talk about you all the time to my hermanas. We talk about you too, dad. ;)  But mom you are my best friend!! You are so incredible and I hope to be just like you when I´m older. 

So in one of our lessons last week I was sitting in between my companions. I was talking to our investigador until I felt Hermana Wolfgramm hit my head... THERE WAS A BIG BUG CRAWLING ON ME HAHA.... So anyways I thought she got it off... apparentely it crawled on over onto my other side, and once again I was talking to the investigator and Hermana Felioiaga hit me with one of her books right on the shoulder! And she kept hitting me because the bug wasnt coming off! It was so dang funny! Our investigator was trying to so hard to not laugh. It was the funniest thing ever. Something ALWAYS happens in our lessons!! HOWEVER, This week our lessons have been so great. We dont use little script cards to help us out with the language anymore and it is a blessing. The spirit is the real teacher. We´re just the mouths. 

So I´ve been sick the past couple days. I´m super congested, coughing and it´s a little hard to breathe sometimes. ha. I think it was because a couple nights ago it was storming like crazy. Thundering, lightening, pouring rain, it was intense. We seriously ran from our classroom to our casa which is across campus because the lightening was right out of the gates of the MTC. It gets really cold here when it rains so I think thats why I got sick. Esta bien! If I´m still feeling the same I will go to the clinic here in the CCM to get some medication. 

Mom, will you save and print off mine and kens emails, please? I want to keep them! We always watch atonement videos here in the CCM and I always think about Ken! I just know our Savior is carrying her, me and you guys throughout the whole process of cancer. He´s so amazing and how lucky are we to call him our brother? Also have you sent off the package yet? Can you send me a slip for my skirts? If not its okay but it would be much appreicated. :) Also send the package to my mission por favor.

I love life. I leave the CCM in a week in a half! WHAT. Where has the time gone? I´m nervous to get out into the field but I cant wait. It´s going to be an amazing experience. I cant wait to FINALLY meet the people in Mérida. Anyways, I love you sooo much!! Thanks for all that you do. You are the greatest person ever! Love you! Talk to you next week!!
Love, Hermana Gates


ps... I love those pictures! Keep the pictures coming, they are the greatest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment