Saturday, August 26, 2017

I love being a missionary!!

Hola Mama!!!
Como estas? Como le fue su semana?? It sounds like you guys are doing good and staying busy. Holy cow, so crazy to hear that school has finally started. How is everyone feeling about that?? ha! that is so crazy Ken is starting at Lava Ridge and that Pres is in HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously when did they grow up?? I cant believe how fast time is flying by. I hope they had a good first day of school. :) They look so cute in their first day of school pictures! Thats so cool Ri got to see pres at BYU last week. Sounds like he had a good birthday and is excited to be back in Utah. Thats so fun you all got to go to the conference. 

This week was a good! It sure went by super fast! To answer your question.. all was well here in the peninsula ha! A few days this week it rained super hard and was super windy but we were safe. It felt so good outside though. Merida needed to cool down a little bit. It´s so hot right now! 

Bryan got baptized! It was so special! My companion and I were able to go because the ward in Brisas shares the church with the ward in Industrial. If only I could tell you how special his baptism service was. So many of his friends from EFY went and his family and a lot of the members went to support him. He shared his testimony and it was so powerful. It was really funny, he was like, "I never imagined going to EFY and becoming a mormon this summer. Im so happy to be a member of this church. I feel so clean!" Bryan is a really special person and im so excited for him.

We had a leadership meeting this week with President and Hermana Ruiz. It went great! We talked a lot about purifying ourselves as missionaries and being more consecrated to the work and to the Lord. It was super awesome. We also talked about the atonement and repentance and how we can help the other missionaries fulfill their callings and responsibilities. I love the insights that president gave us. I know that he truly does hold the keys for this mission and is an inspired instrument in Gods hands. 

This week was a good one and I cant believe how fast it went by! Im so happy and there´s so much to look forward to in these coming weeks. I love being a missionary and helping others and sharing the gospel. Its such a special time in my life and im so grateful for this opportunity. Thank you for your love and support! I hope you guys have a wonderful week!! Be safe. Love you!!!
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

) our relief society activity!
2) Bryans baptism!! 
3) We had a water balloon war as a zone. it was so much fun haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment