Sunday, March 19, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday!

Mom!!!
So great to hear from you! Sounds like this week was a good one for all of you. :) This week was a good one.. holy cow I completed 9 months this week. Time is seriously flying by! I love the mission! It just makes me want to work EVEN harder and enjoy all the time that Im here in Merida. Seriously I love this place. Im so grateful to be serving in such a wonderful country! I´ve learned so much the 9 months i´ve been out here. I´ve learned so much about my Savior and His gospel. My testimony has only been strengthened and I´ve really learned to value the things that are most important. I´ve learned more about what is my purpose here in life than anything and It´s made me want to set higher goals for me and my family and future family. Life is so good! 

This week we invited one of our ward members to Johanas house for our lesson and let me tell you... it was the best idea my companion and I have ever had! Member missionary work is the best work! Johana was asking the Hermana tons of questions about the church and the book of Mormon and the member pretty much gave our whole lesson. It means a lot more for those investigators who can really relate to the members. The best part is that now Johana has a friend at church and so it will be easier for her to attend and everything. I want to invite you guys to try to go out with the missionaries! This work isn´t just for the missionaries.. its for all of the members of the church. :) 

I hope everything goes well for Kens surgery! I´ve been praying for that little girl and you guys. :) Everything is going to be just fine! Sorry this email is a little short. Im doing super awesome. :) Things are going great here Merida. Im just so happy to be serving my Heavenly Father right now! I hope you guys have a super safe and fun week. Keep on choosing the right! Have you started reading the scriptures as a family??? LOVE YOU!!! 
Love, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) These pigeons reminded me of Costa Rica!
2) Please thank chad and anne for the package please!!
3) My companion and her sticky notes haha. She also completed 18 months this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment