Sunday, October 29, 2017

Rain is a good thing!

Hola mama!!
What a week! Every week goes by faster and faster! Its so great to hear from you. Thats so awesome to hear that the ring is getting made. You´ll have to send me pictures of it! That is so exciting!!! I will be gaining another sister! Thats awesome to hear about Ri, im sure he´s excited to start school next week! Sounds like the girls and Reg and Had are doing good! It´s so fun to catch up on the week and hear what you guys have been up to.

This week was a good one! My companion and I found a family to teach! We are so excited! Fransisco and Natalie are their names and they have a little girl named Sofie. The sisters have visited them before but its been awhile! They lost a child about 3 years ago and love the idea of families being together forever. We are so excited to help them understand more about the Plan of Salvation and the special promises that God has given us. We will be meeting with them this Wednesday! Please pray for this family that they will continue to be receptive to our message. :)

IT RAINED A LOT!! The rain is so good. Because every day its hot hot hot and humid. and so when it rains we take advantage of it. This week we had a miracle with the rain. It was 8 at night and one of our appointments fell through. The rain started getting heavier and heavier and we didn´t have anywhere to take cover ha. We thought of a contact that we made and decided to visit this sister. It was kind of a do or die moment because it was raining so hard. I was praying in my heart that she would be home and let us in! We got to the home of the sister and she opened the door seeing that we were outside and said, "well, I dont have time to listen but you can come in my home to dry off a little" HA bueno! We entered her home and sat down and she left the room for about 10 minutes... we felt really weird because we didn´t know what to do. hahah but finally, She entered in the room again and started asking us questions about the church and we were able to teach her about the restoration. She got super interested and told us that she wanted to know more and more! Her name is Lidio!! She´s awesome! We are excited to see her progression as well

We had the best missionary activity this week with the missionaries in our District. We each took a game and invited the members in our ward, investigators and the people off the street! The church was filled with teenagers and investigators. It was awesome! It was a great experience being with so many wonderful people and coming together as one. My comp and I are planning more activities we can do as a ward. Any ideas?? 

Things are going great! Im really happy right now. There´s so much to be grateful for and Im just enjoying my time as a fulltime missionary. This work is so precious to me!  I love being a missionary! I love you guys and am so grateful for each one of you. I hope you have a good safe week! I hope you can all see the blessings, miracles and tender mercies in your lives. God loves you. He knows your perfectly. Keep choosing the right and He will bless you! Have the best week!! Les amo muchisimo!!!!! :)
con amor, Hermana Gates

#kickitkdog

1) Giving service with Hna milita!
2) My companion  
3) Our activity with the ward members. :)
4) Studying in the park!






No comments:

Post a Comment